Heidelberg (pta030/04.02.2020/16:00) - Altech Advanced Materials AG ("AAM"; FRA: AMA1) today announced the invitation to its Extraordinary General Meeting on March 12, 2020 via the German Federal Gazette. AAM's financing strategy remains unchanged. Accordingly, the items on the agenda of the Extraordinary General Meeting are primarily:
1) Capital increase resolution for 63,102,080 new shares with a subscription offer at a ratio of 1:40 to existing shareholders (each share held entitles the holder to subscribe for forty new shares) at a subscription price of EUR 1.10 per share. Placement of all unsubscribed rights to investors at a target price of EUR 1.20 per share. Permission to register the capital increase in tranches.
2) Creation of authorized capital in the amount of EUR 10,000,000.
3) Creation of conditional capital of EUR 785,000.
4) Election of Mr Wilko Stark to the Supervisory Board. Most recently, Mr. Stark was Divisional Director at Mercedes-Benz Cars Purchasing and Supplier Quality and CEO of CASE (Connectivity, Autonomous Driving, Shared mobility, Electromobility) and the product group electric vehicles Mercedes-Benz EQ.
5) Relocation of registered office to Frankfurt am Main.
6) Adjustment of the Articles of Association with regard to the places where a General Meeting can take place, in this case Heidelberg is added.
The proposed capital measures are thus essentially the same as those of 17 July 2019, but have been supplemented by a few points for additional flexibility (such as the possibility of registering the capital increase in tranches). The resubmission of the securities prospectus to the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority ("BaFin") is being prepared in parallel, so that AAM will again have 6 months to raise the targeted funds after receipt of the capital increase resolution by the shareholders.
AAM will be supported by a global Swiss investment bank as placement agent for the planned capital increase. Presentations by AAM to potential investors identified by the bank are planned in Europe in the coming months. Altech Chemicals Limited will assist AAM with these presentations.
The Management Board
About Altech Advanced Materials AG
Altech Advanced Materials AG ("AAM") currently plans to acquire up to 49% in Altech Chemicals Australia PTY LTD ("Altech Australia") for up to USD 100 million from Altech. AAM is currently implementing its capital raising strategy to be able to fund the investment.
Altech Australia is currently building a high-purity alumina (99.99%, 4N HPA) production facility for 4,500 tons p.a. in Malaysia and also has its own deposit for the mining of the main raw material kaolin. 4N HPA is needed for the production of LED lights as well as a separator for lithium-ion batteries, e.g. needed for electric vehicles and smartphones. Market demand for 4N HPA is expected to grow with a CAGR of 30% p.a. until 2028. The process patented by Altech Australia allows the production of HPA as cost leader, as the HPA can be obtained directly from kaolin. This allows production without the use of energy-intensive aluminium. The production volume for the first 10 years is secured by an off-take agreement with Mitsubishi Australia and the production capacity and quality is guaranteed by the German plant manufacturer, SMS group GmbH, Dusseldorf, which has also agreed to contribute USD 15 million in equity to the Altech HPA project.
The project has an investment volume of approximately USD 380 million, of which KfW-IPEX Bank has already committed USD 190 million under certain conditions. Altech Chemicals Limited is in talks with Macquarie Bank on the provision of USD 90 million in mezzanine capital. The remaining USD 100 million is to be made available by AAM.(end)
|emitter:||Altech Advanced Materials AG|
Ziegelhäuser Landstraße 3
|contact person:||Hansjörg Plaggemars|
|phone:||+49 6221 64924-0|
|stock exchanges:||regulated market in Frankfurt; free market in Dusseldorf; open market in Berlin|
|ISIN(s):||DE000A2BPG14 (share), DE000A2LQUJ6 (share)|