- Altech Advanced Materials AG ("AAM"; FRA: AMA1) hereby announces the results of today's extraordinary general meeting of shareholders:
Appointment of Mr Wilko Stark to the Supervisory Board
Mr. Stark is an experienced executive from the automotive industry and has held a number of significant positions in the German automotive industry. Most recently, Mr. Stark was a member of the Divisional Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Cars, Germany. Prior to that, he was CEO of Daimler's CASE activities (Connectivity, Autonomous Driving, Shared mobility, Electromobility) and Product Group Manager for electric vehicles. Mr. Stark also served as Vice President for Corporate Strategy and Product Planning at Mercedes-Benz Cars, where he was responsible for all vehicle and engine projects. Before joining Daimler AG, Mr. Stark worked for the Volkswagen Group for five years.
Mr Iggy Tan, Managing Director of AAM, welcomed Mr Stark to the Supervisory Board. "We are honoured that Mr Stark is joining the team. His recent experience with Daimler's electric vehicle strategy fits perfectly with AAM and Altech's strategy to position the companies to benefit from the fast growing battery markets in Europe," he said.
Authorisation for the capital measures was granted as proposed by the management:
1) The capital increase resolution for 63,102,080 new shares with a subscription offer at a ratio of 1:40 to existing shareholders (each share held entitles the holder to subscribe for forty new shares) at a subscription price of EUR 1.10 per share was accepted. The placement of all unsubscribed shares to investors at a target price of EUR 1.20 per share will then follow following the capital increase with subscription rights. Permission to register the capital increase in tranches was granted by the Annual General Meeting.
2) Creation of authorized capital in the amount of EUR 10,000,000.
3) Creation of conditional capital of EUR 785,000.
4) Relocation of the registered office to Frankfurt am Main.
5) Adjustment of the Articles of Association with regard to the places where a General Meeting may be held, in this case adding Heidelberg.
The securities prospectus has already been resubmitted to the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority ("BaFin") and the Management Board now hopes to receive approval for the prospectus again in the near future.
AAM is supported by a global Swiss investment bank as placement agent for the planned private placement. Presentations by AAM to potential investors identified by the bank are planned in Europe in the coming months. Altech Chemicals Limited will assist AAM with these presentations.
The detailed voting results have been published on the company's website.
The Management Board
About Altech Advanced Materials AG
Altech Advanced Materials AG ("AAM") currently plans to subscribe up to 49% in Altech Chemicals Australia PTY LTD ("Altech Australia") for up to USD 100 million from Altech. AAM is currently implementing its capital raising strategy to be able to fund the investment.
Altech Australia is currently building a high-purity alumina (99.99%, 4N HPA) production facility for 4,500 tons p.a. in Malaysia and also has its own deposit for the mining of the main raw material kaolin. 4N HPA is needed for the production of LED lights as well as a separator for lithium-ion batteries, e.g. needed for electric vehicles and smartphones. Market demand for 4N HPA is expected to grow with a CAGR of 30% p.a. until 2028. The process patented by Altech Australia allows the production of HPA as cost leader, as the HPA can be obtained directly from kaolin. This allows production without the use of energy-intensive aluminium. The production volume for the first 10 years is secured by an off-take agreement with Mitsubishi Australia and the production capacity and quality is guaranteed by the German plant manufacturer, SMS group GmbH, Dusseldorf, which has also agreed to contribute in equity to the Altech HPA project.
The project has an investment volume of approximately USD 390 million, of which KfW-IPEX Bank has already committed USD 190 million under certain conditions and of which USD 10 million is assumed as equity investment from SMS group GmbH. Altech Chemicals is in talks with Macquarie Bank on the provision of USD 90 million in mezzanine capital. The remaining USD 100 million is to be made available by AAM.
Altech Advanced Materials AG
Ziegelhäuser Landstraße 3
|Contact Person:||Hansjörg Plaggemars|
|Phone:||+49 6221 64924-0|
|ISIN(s):||DE000A2BPG14 (Share) DE000A2LQUJ6 (Share)|
|Stock Exchange(s):||Regulated Market in Frankfurt, Free Market in Berlin, Free Market in Dusseldorf|