Mannheim (pta039/23.05.2023/16:10 UTC+2)
23 May 2023 – "Jeder lobt was Nürburgring-erprobt." ("Everyone praises what has been tested on the Nürburgring.") The sign in the historic paddock of the Nürburgring which has been there for decades still holds true today: The Reutlingen-based racing team Four Motors will once again go to the race start this year with an absolute innovation. The team around Smudo from the German hip hop band "Fantastische Vier" and Baron Thomas von Löwis of Menar competed in the 24h race at the Nürburgring with a new, alternative fuel formulation. The special racing fuel was developed in cooperation between CropEnergies and Shell and contains a renewable share of 60 percent. The basis is a so-called "Blue Gasoline". This sustainable racing fuel from Shell consists of 40 percent renewable components from residual or waste materials as well as 10 percent regenerative residual ethanol from CropEnergies. By adding another 10 percent to a total of 20 percent renewable ethanol, the fuel achieves an overall CO2 saving of about 40 percent and an octane rating of over 100.
Stephan Meeder, CEO of CropEnergies AG: "Our partner Four Motors has been demonstrating for years that climate protection and racing do not have to be a contradiction in terms. The team shows possibilities for CO2 reduction, especially in fuel, which would already be available on a broad basis today. Our renewable ethanol serves as an "enabler" for other renewable fuels, i.e. it improves the octane number and ensures additional CO2 savings. The buzzword is technology openness! We are convinced that we need other sensible and sustainable solutions for the existing fleet of combustion vehicles , in addition to electromobility. Renewable ethanol plays a crucial role in this."
Sustainable, renewable products made from biomass – that is what CropEnergies stands for. Our products contribute to a climate-friendly world and ensure that fossil carbons remain in the ground permanently and do not continue to drive climate change.
Founded in Mannheim in 2006, the member of the Südzucker Group is the leading European producer of renewable ethanol. With a production capacity of 1.3 million m3 of ethanol per year, CropEnergies produces neutral alcohol as well as technical alcohol (ethanol) for a wide range of applications at locations in Germany, Belgium, the UK, and France: Sustainably produced ethanol as a petrol substitute is an answer to the future challenges of climate-friendly energy supply in the transport sector. Thanks to highly efficient production plants, our ethanol reduces CO2 emissions by an average of more than 70 percent across the entire value chain compared to fossil fuel. Our high-quality alcohol is also used in beverage production, cosmetics, pharmaceutical applications, for example as a basis for disinfectants, or as a raw material for innovative biochemicals.
Equally important are the resulting protein food and animal feed products as a sustainable regional alternative to emission-intensive protein imports from overseas, as well as biogenic carbon dioxide. It is used in beverage production, among other things, and will be a valuable raw material for a wide range of applications in transport and industry in the future. Thus, all raw material components are utilised in our circular economy.
CropEnergies AG (ISIN DE000A0LAUP1) is listed on the regulated market (Prime Standard) of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
PR / Marketing
Tel.: +49 (621) 71 41 90-65
Fax: +49 (621) 71 41 90-05
Tel.: +49 (621) 71 41 90-30
Fax: +49 (621) 71 41 90-03
|Contact Person:||Heike Baumbach|
|Phone:||+49 621 71 41 90-30|
|Stock Exchange(s):||Regulated Market in Frankfurt; Free Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate|