Berlin, Germany, 28 September 2016 (pta011/28.09.2016/09:42) - NOXXON Pharma N.V. ("NOXXON" or the "Company"), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company primarily focused on cancer treatment development, today announces the listing of its ordinary shares (the "Shares") on Alternext Paris. The Shares will trade under the symbol ALNOX (ISIN: NL0012044762).
- Lead product candidate NOX-A12 is positioned as a combination therapy in cancer: The Company believes that the future of cancer treatment lies in finding optimal combinations of drugs to fight cancer in multiple ways. The Company believes its lead product candidate NOX-A12 is well positioned to become a combination partner for a wide range of cancer treatments, based on its complementary mode of action targeting the tumor microenvironment. As part of a combination, the Company believes NOX-A12 has broad potential in both solid and hematological tumors.
- NOX-A12 may be a key partner for IO (immuno-oncology) agents: The Company's first priority is development of NOX-A12 in advanced solid tumors that do not respond to checkpoint inhibitor monotherapy, and the Company has mapped out further potential for the compound in brain cancer and multiple myeloma. NOXXON has generated promising pre-clinical and clinical data, including recent animal data showing synergy with a checkpoint inhibitor as well as recent phase 2a trials in multiple myeloma and a second hematological cancer that showed a safety profile that supports further development and first signs of efficacy. The Company believes that its planned clinical study in advanced solid tumors positions the Company for a clear route to market of NOX-A12.
- Second clinical-stage tumor microenvironment drug candidate: In addition to NOX-A12, the Company has another clinical-stage asset: NOX-E36. This compound has completed a 75 patient exploratory Phase 2a in diabetic nephropathy and is now being studied for applications in cancer therapy following recent promising clinical results obtained by another compound acting on the same pathway as part of a combination therapy in pancreatic cancer. The Group believes that these data suggest significant potential to increase efficacy in this solid tumors by tumor microenvironment modulation of the pathway targeted by NOX-E36.
- Experienced senior management team and a reputable investor base: NOXXON is led by a management team with broad experience in drug development. Furthermore, the Company is supported by reputable investor base, including TVM Capital, Sofinnova Partners, Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners, DEWB, NGN Capital and Seventure.
Aram Mangasarian, PhD, Chief Executive Officer of NOXXON commented: "The listing of NOXXON shares on Alternext is an important step for the Company. Our lead product candidate, NOX-A12, as well as our other clinical stage compound NOX-E36, target the tumor microenvironment and are designed to significantly improve the efficacy of current and future cancer treatments. The funds raised in a private placement just prior to our listing will allow us to initiate a clinical trial NOX-A12 in patients with advanced solid tumors that do not normally respond to currently approved checkpoint inhibitors."
- Invest Securities : Listing Sponsor
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer : Lawyers
- NewCap : Financial Communication
For more information, please contact:
NOXXON Pharma N.V.
Aram Mangasarian, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer
Tel. +49 (0) 30 726 2470
Tel. +33 (0) 1 44 71 98 55
NOXXON Pharma N.V. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on cancer treatment. NOXXON's goal is to significantly enhance the effectiveness of cancer treatments including immuno-oncology approaches (such as immune checkpoint inhibitors) and current standards of care (such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy). NOXXON's Spiegelmer platform has generated a proprietary pipeline of clinical-stage product candidates including its lead cancer drug candidate NOX-A12. NOXXON is supported by a strong group of leading international investors, including TVM Capital, Sofinnova Partners, Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners, DEWB, NGN and Seventure. NOXXON has its statutory seat in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and its office in Berlin, Germany. Further information can be found at: www.noxxon.com.
Important Legal Information
This announcement is not an advertisement within the meaning of the Prospectus Directive and does not constitute a prospectus.
These materials are for informational purposes only and are not intended to constitute, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell or subscribe for, or the announcement of a forthcoming offer to sell or subscribe for, or a solicitation of any offer to buy or subscribe for, or the announcement of a forthcoming solicitation of any offer to buy or subscribe for, Shares in the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan or in any jurisdiction to whom or in which such offer or solicitation is unlawful. Persons into whose possession this communication comes should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. Any failure to comply with these restrictions may constitute a violation of the security laws of any such jurisdiction.
The Shares have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act") and may only be offered or sold in the United States pursuant to registration or an exemption from registration under the Securities Act. The Company does not intend to register any portion of the contemplated offering of Shares in the United States or to conduct a public offering of Shares in the United States. The securities referred to herein may not be offered or sold in Australia, Canada or Japan or to, or for the account or benefit of, any national, resident or citizen of Australia, Canada or Japan.
Some of the information in these materials may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the Company. You can identify forward-looking statements by terms such as "expect", "believe", "anticipate", "estimate", "intend", "will", "could", "may" or "might", the negative of such terms or other similar expressions. These statements are only predictions, actual events or results may differ materially and will not be updated to reflect events and circumstances occurring after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Many factors could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in projections or forward-looking statements of the Company, including, among others, general economic conditions, the competitive environment, rapid technological and market change in the industries the Company operates in, as well as many other risks specifically related to the Company and its operations.(end)
|emitter:||DEWB AG Deutsche Effecten- und Wechsel-Beteiligungsgesellschaft AG|
|contact person:||Marco Scheidler|
|phone:||+49 3641 31000-30|
|stock exchanges:||free market in Dusseldorf, basic board in Frankfurt, free market in Hamburg, free market in Munich, free market in Stuttgart; open market in Berlin, Tradegate|